Fresh Science SA was held on 13 November 2019 in Adelaide.
Twelve Fresh Scientists took to the stage and explained their work in the time it takes a birthday sparkler to burn out.
We heard about bendable concrete; shrunken intestines and poaching; restoring lost oyster reefs to help combat climate change.
From parasites to the Twittersphere; people came along and enjoyed dinner, a drink and caught some of the latest science with researchers from Flinders University, UoA, and UniSA.
The SA Fresh Scientists undertook media and communication training at Australian National Maritime Museum in Adelaide on 12 & 13 November.
Follow us on Twitter @ScienceinPublic for event updates and highlights.
Spread the word: You can help spread the word by telling any science or beer enthusiasts you know about your local event.
The 2019 SA Fresh Scientists were:
- Olivia Davies, Flinders University
- Jessica Bohorquez, University of Adelaide
- Dominic McAfee, University of Adelaide
- Vikrant Minhas, University of Adelaide
- Mehwish Nasim, University of Adelaide and Data61 CSIRO
- Nataliia Sergiienko, University of Adelaide
- Matteo Farina, Flinders University and University of South Australia
- Ludivine Delon, University of South Australia
- Rahmat Khezri, Flinders University
- Surita du Preez, University of Adelaide