Killer bees and cannibalistic cancer, future fuels and drilling on mars: FameLab Australia National Final
Join us to hear Fresh Science stories on stage at the FameLab Australia national final in Perth on 13 May
Across Australia, more than 300 people gathered at pubs, museums and universities to hear our first crop of FameLab Australia state finalists.
Now we’re stepping things up a notch – we’ve chosen a dozen of the most inspiring competitors with engaging stories from across the country to compete at the FameLab National Final in Perth.
If you’re in Perth, join us for the National Final:
When: Tuesday, 13 May, 6-8pm
Where: WA Maritime Museum, Fremantle
RSVP: www.famelabaus14.eventbrite.com This is a free event, and all are welcome.
The overall winner will represent Australia at the FameLab International Grand Final at the Times Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK in June.
This year’s FameLab finalists are:
- James Makinson, The University of Sydney
- Nick Roden, University of Tasmania and CSIRO
- James Aridas, Monash University
- Prue Cormie, Edith Cowan University
- Vince Polito, Macquarie University
- Lydia Tong, University of Sydney
- Francis Torres, University of Western Australia
- Niraj Lal, Australian National University
- Lisa Schafranek, SAHMRI
- Tim Brennan, AIBN, University of Queensland
- Linden Servinis, Deakin University
- Michael Smout, James Cook University
FameLab is aimed at training our early-career scientists to become our future media voices, role models, and educators in Australian science. Read more about FameLab Australia at www.famelab.org.au