Today at Scienceworks, 15 of Victoria’s future science leaders were put to the test at the Victorian Fresh Science state final.
In total, 60 state finalists have been chosen competitively for their discovery and for the quality of their research.
Today, they will be trained in how to talk science to journalists, business and the public at a one day media and communication workshop.
We wrapped up the event with an evening reception where we challenged them to excite and inspire over a canapé.
The 2013 Victorian state finalists are:
- Sara Al-Musawi, Prince Henry’s Institute
- David Beale, CSIRO
- Alexe Bojovschi, RMIT University
- Anthony Chesman, CSIRO
- Alan Duffy, University of Melbourne
- Tu Le, CSIRO
- Laura Mackay, The University of Melbourne
- Rachel Mann, Department of Primary Industries Victoria / La Trobe University
- Hossein Mokhtarzadeh, The University of Melbourne
- Lucille Rankin, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Yaou Smets, La Trobe University
- Patricia Vietheer, Burnet Institute
- Jinfeng Wang, Institute of Frontier Materials, Deakin University
- Meng Wai Woo, Monash University
- Tamara Yawno, Monash Institute of Medical Research