Fresh Science WA will be held on 26 June & 27 June 2018
The WA Fresh Scientists will undertake media and communication training at the Maritime Museum, Fremantle on 26 June.
Students are invited to our free schools forum
Then on 27 June, school students will be invited to a free, one-hour forum at the Maritime Museum, Fremantle, on to hear from our early-career Fresh Scientists as they describe their latest discoveries across a range of fields from botany and zoology to biotechnology, physics, medicine and engineering.
The talks are aimed at year 9 and 10 students, but students from upper primary up to year 12 are welcome.
Each scientist presents for five minutes and students have the chance to ask questions after each talk. We love the students’ questions!
School forums are free, but bookings are essential via the following link: museum.wa.gov.au/museums/maritime/fresh-science
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us at the pub night
In the past we’ve heard about smart bandages, the sawfish saw, printable solar cells, wallabies’ immune tricks, ocean arteries, backward planets and more.
This year’s Fresh Scientists with reveal their discoveries using rhyme, reason and the odd firework.
The Pub night will be held at the leafy Brisbane Hotel on 292 Beaufort St, Highgate.
Tickets are free, but bookings are essential. Register now to secure your spot.
Spread the word: You can help spread the word by telling any science or beer enthusiasts you know about your local event.
Our 2018 WA Fresh Scientists are:
- Amanda Barbosa – Murdoch University
- Lauren Svejcar – Murdoch University
- Benjamin McKinley – Curtin University
- Adam Cross – Curtin University
- Simone Pedrini – Curtin University
- Sam Salman – The University of Western Australia
- Wenhua Zhao – The University of Western Australia
- Susan Whiteley – University of Western Australia and the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
- Ted Polglaze – University of Western Australia
- Myles Murphy – University of Notre Dame Australia
Our Supporters Fresh Science Western Australia partners are the Western Australian Museum, Edith Cowan University, the University of Western Australia, Murdoch University and Curtin University.