Fresh Science will be held for the first time in the ACT on 10 July & 11 July 2018
The ACT Fresh Scientists will undertake a day of media and communication training at the Canberra Innovation Network on Tuesday 10 July, and will then have the chance pitch their science to business and government at the Canberra Innovation Network on Wednesday 11 July.
Join us at the pub night
In the past we’ve heard about smart bandages, the sawfish saw, printable solar cells, wallabies’ immune tricks, ocean arteries, backward planets and more.
This year’s Fresh Scientists with reveal their discoveries using rhyme, reason and the odd firework.
The Pub night will be held at the the iconic King O’Malley’s Irish Pub, 131 City Walk, Canberra.
Tickets are free but bookings are essential. Register now to secure your spot.
Spread the word: You can help spread the word by telling any science or beer enthusiasts you know about your local event.
Our 2018 Fresh Scientists are:
- Rachel Badlan, UNSW Canberra
- Zeyu Xiao, Charles Sturt University
- Kiara Bruggeman, The Australian National University
- Vi Kie Soo, The Australian National University
- Dean Picone, University of Tasmania
- Benjamin Holman, Centre for Red Meat and Sheep Development
- Jiefi Wang, UNSW Canberra
Our Supporters: Fresh Science ACT partners are Inspiring the ACT at the Canberra Innovation Network, Australian National University and UNSW Canberra.